- Ability to determine very low water contents with an accuracy of a few ppm.
- No calibration before the measurement is necessary.
- Wide range of testable materials such as granules, films and powders
- A chemical measurement makes a specific determination of water possible. Other volatile substances are not detected.
- Dried plastics can be accurately measured at the lowest residual moisture content.
- On-screen instructions illustrate the operation. This way, non-specialized operators can also use the Hydrotracer.
- The HydroTracer can be used within production facilities due to its compact design and easy operation.
How to use
The HydroTracer is controlled using a desktop PC program.
- The program gives the user precise instructions, so that operational errors are largely eliminated.
- The measurement is simple and requires only a few steps, each measurement takes around 2 minutes of work time.
- The operation is supported by program instructions for image display.
- This method considerably shortens the training period.
- Even an inexperienced user can perform an accurate measurement.
A heater heats the sample to the selected temperature. The water evaporating from the sample reacts with the powdery reagent in a cooled area and water is converted to hydrogen.
The concentration of hydrogen gas is measured. It is a measure of the amount of water in the reactor.
The concentration of hydrogen is a measure of the humidity of the sample. The percentage of sample water is calculated by division with the sample weight.
The HydroTracer FMX has been developed for measuring grains used for injection molding.
This device can be used for almost all applications.
The HydroTracer FLV offers an enlarged sample drawer for measuring materials with a low bulk density and measuring molded parts.
The FLV is also used for testing materials with a water content of less than 50 ppm, because a considerably larger sample weight can be used.
The HydroTracer can be used to test:
- ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene)
- CA (cellulose acetate)
- LCP (liquid crystal polymers)
- EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate)
- PAA (polyarylamide 30% GF)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- PET (polyester)
- PP (polypropylene)
- PPO (Polyphenyleneoxid)
- PPS (polyphenylene sulfide)
- PS (polystyrene)
- TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane)
- Titanium dioxide
- Aluminum hydroxide
- Mineral pigments
- Tungsten carbide
- PET bottle regrind
- Polyolefin recycling material
Injection molded products
Thin-walled parts in: